A small village on the River Barrow with one of Ireland’s oldest bridges crossing it.
The valerian-bearded bridge was built in 1320. The Black Castle was originally built in 1180. The ruin on the site today is reported to have been built by Sir Edward Bellingham, Lord Deputy of Ireland, in 1547. The castle was destroyed in 1650 during Irish Confederate Wars.